Organization of Academic Conferences:
- Co-chair of the National Organizing Committee of Joint IFAC Conference 7th IFAC Symposium on Systems Structure and Control SSSC 2019 and 15th IFAC Workshop on Time Delay Systems TDS 2019 (Sinaia, Romania) (ace.ucv.ro/tds2019/).
- Member of International Organizing Committees: 1st IFAC Workshop on Convergence of Information Technologies and Control Methods with Power Plants and Power Systems ICPS'07 (Cluj-Napoca, Romania), IEEE International Workshop on Soft Computing Applications IEEE - SOFA 2005 (Szeged, Hungary, Arad, Romania), South-eastern Europe, USA, Japan and European Community Workshop on Research and Education in Control and Signal Processing REDISCOVER 2004 (Cavtat, Croatia).
- Organizer and chair of the Special Session 5: Fuzzy Control, Modeling and Optimization, in the framework of 6th International Conference on Computers Communications and Control IEEE - ICCCC2016 (Oradea, Romania) (univagora.ro/ro/conferinte/icccc2016/).
- Organizer, with Drs. Jerome Mendes (Institute of Systems and Robotics (ISR-UC), Portugal), Joao Paulo (Institute of Systems and Robotics (ISR-UC), Portugal), Cristiano Premebida (Loughborough University, UK) and Rui Araujo (University of Coimbra, Portugal), of the Special Session on Computational Intelligence Systems: Iterative, Dynamic, and Evolving Design, in the framework of 45th Annual Conference of the IEEE Industrial Electronics Society IECON 2019 (Lisbon, Portutal) (iecon2019.org).
- Organizer, with Profs. Plamen Angelov (Lancaster University, UK), Bruno Costa (Federal Institute of Rio Grande do Norte (IFRN), Natal, Brazil), Luiz Affonso Guedes (Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN), Natal, Brazil), Moamar Sayed-Mouchaweh (High National Engineering School of Mines, Douai, France) and Igor Škrjanc (University of Ljubljana, Slovenia), of the Special Session on Autonomous Fault Detection and Identification Methods, in the framework of 2nd IEEE International Conference on Cybernetics CYBCONF 2015 (Gdynia, Poland) (cybconf2015.am.gdynia.pl).
- Co-chair, with Profs. Igor Škrjanc (University of Ljubljana, Slovenia) and Plamen Angelov (Lancaster University, UK), of the Invited Session on Applications of Data-Driven Approaches to Modeling, Identification, Prediction and Optimization for Intelligent Control and Planning, in the framework of 2014 IEEE Multi-Conference on Systems and Control MSC 2014 (Antibes, France) (css.paperplaza.net).
- Co-chair, with Profs. Keith J Burnham (Coventry University, UK), Leszek Koszalka (Wroclaw University of Technology, Poland) and Henry Selvaraj (University of Nevada, Las Vegas, NV, USA), of the Special Session on Artificial Intelligence in Systems Modelling, Optimisation and Control for Enhanced Computer Networks, Manufacturing Logistics and Tele-Informatics, in the framework of 6th International Conference on Hybrid Artificial Intelligence Systems HAIS 2011 (Wroclaw, Poland).
- Co-chair, with Profs. Emil Petre (University of Craiova, Romania), Sergiu Caraman ("Lower Danube" University of Galati, Romania) and Dan Selisteanu (University of Craiova, Romania), of the Special Session on Intelligent Techniques in Modelling, Identification and Control of Bioprocesses, in the framework of 3rd International Conference on Intelligent Decision Technologies KES-IDT-2011 (Piraeus, Greece).